Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

Standard Atmosphere

Standard Atmosphere
by Drew on 10/20/03 at 21:52:39

First of all, I want to congratulate you on an excellent site!  It is extremely thorough, and I use it frequently.  I just have a couple of suggestions:

A degrees/minutes/seconds display option on the angular measurement page would probably be very useful to whomever visits that page.

Also, I think a standard atmosphere table would be an excellent addition.  You could have a page that inputs altitude in whatever units, and displays pressure, temperature, density, and speed of sound in various, commonly used units.  If you wanted to get more elaborate, you can add a temperature offset for non-standard days, in which case you can add a conversion between pressure altitude and density altitude.  Another useful addition would be to input an airspeed (either true or calibrated airspeed).  From that, you can derive things like Mach number, dynamic pressure, total temperature, and calibrated airspeed (or true, if calibrated was the input).

If you feel like implementing this, and could use some equations, send me an email...I'd be happy to help out.

Drew

Re: Standard Atmosphere
by Robert Fogt on 10/20/03 at 23:26:36

I have a few sites bookmarked on the topic. I'll do some research and see what I can come up with.

I am always on the lookout for conversions and calculators to add. It may take me awhile with all I have to do, but it will be done eventually.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll keep you in mind if I have trouble finding formulas.

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate