Home

Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

ConversionUtil

ConversionUtil
by Besk on 01/12/04 at 19:43:42

I going to ask a really mean, and serious question:
About a year ago I created a fanastic slew of conversion utilities to add to the OnlineConversion Site, much like the Temperature Converter Robert created, perhaps better.  But when I suggested it to BlueSparks Network (for free--I never charge), they never replied and here a year later they come out with their 'own software'.  Did they just copy my idea without my permission and change a few things(I did after all copyright my programs)?  Or did they just not want my 'outside help'? ???

Re: ConversionUtil
by Robert Fogt on 01/13/04 at 15:07:06

I started OnlineConversion many years ago, prior to 1996.  I doubt anyone can say I copied them, since I believe I was the first on the web.

I try to respond to all emails I receive. If I did not respond to yours, it was most likely that I thought it spam.  I recieve alot of email every day, and usually depend on my spam filters to stop most of it. Sometimes the spam filters remove valid email. Try sending it again.

Also, I have received hundreds of requests to distribute conversion software, there are alot of conversion programs out there. I decline all these offers. The main reason being I will be releasing my own software, which is an obvious next step for me, as the content of the site proves.

My temperature converter program is a 100% original creation. I also believe it has unique features compared to other temperature converters.

While I am sorry I will not be able to distribute your software, I do welcome your email and will try harder to make sure it is not overlooked.

by Besk on 01/13/04 at 15:33:23

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anything, I just wanted to help you.

by Robert Fogt on 01/14/04 at 00:02:08

No offense taken.  And sorry if I did not respond to your email, just resend it and I'll keep an eye out for it.

I do often put up conversions on this site authored by others. You could send JavaScript/HTML conversions to me for possible inclusion on the site. In exchange I provide a return link from the page.

Though I gathered from your message it is actual PC software you are trying to distribute.

Go Back | Archive Index

Did you find us useful?

Please consider supporting the site with a small donation.

click here for more information

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Check out our Conversion Software for Windows.

Can't find something?
Try searching.

Are you bored?
Try the Fun Stuff.

Was this site helpful?
Link to Us | Donate