Home

Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

Help...figure pet meds?

Help...figure pet meds?
by dumbblonde on 02/13/04 at 18:23:43

Hello all smart people...I need help to mix up a medicine for my rabbit...it calls for a "5% solution"...the substance is a solid(think sugar) and it is being mixed into water...I do not know how or where to begin? I would be ever so hoppy if anyone could answer this with a "recipe"....and feel free to snicker at my lack of mathamatical ability, just don't tell the rabbits....thanks...bye

Re: Help...figure pet meds?
by Robert Fogt on 02/13/04 at 19:47:13

Well, thats a tough question, don't feel hard on yourself.

If you had 1 teaspoon medicine, and 19 teaspoons water, that would be a 5% solution.

That may be a bit much, so you could use 1/2 teaspoon medicine and 9 and 1/2 teaspoons water.

Just think of 5% as 1 part of one thing, to 19 parts of another.

by dumbblonde on 02/13/04 at 20:11:47

Ok, I guess the thing that was messing us up( a few of us have been trying to figure this out online) was the matter of one part being a solid, and the other a liquid...thanks so much, this might make bunny history...well, it could help a lot of sick ones anyway...thank you for your time, bye from me and the bunnies (who do know a lot more about multiplication than is good for them)

by Robert Fogt on 02/14/04 at 15:41:59

Just so you know, my method would be 5% by volume. Which is different than 5% by weight.

Go Back | Archive Index

Did you find us useful?

Please consider supporting the site with a small donation.

click here for more information

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Check out our Conversion Software for Windows.

Can't find something?
Try searching.

Are you bored?
Try the Fun Stuff.

Was this site helpful?
Link to Us | Donate