Home

Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

conversion of antithrombin III IU to mg?

conversion of antithrombin III IU to mg?
by Sergi on 09/13/05 at 10:16:19

I am wondering where I can find the conversion factor to get mg from International Units.
This kind of conversion is of course depending on the molecule. Does anybody know whether there is a list with that kind of conversions?
Thanks everybody,
Sergi

Re: conversion of antithrombin III IU to mg?
by Robert Fogt on 09/15/05 at 00:50:49

IU (International Units) does not depend on the molecule. IU is actualy a standard agreed upon weight of the substance that is said to have a certain biological effect.

A bunch of medical doctors get together someplace in France and agree upon a certain number of milligrams of a drug in an IU.

That being said, it is different for every type of substance, and may change over time. You cant calculate it, you have to look it up.

I searched for antithrombin III and everything I found suggests that it is measured as a density in blood, in units such as mg/dl. I could find no data for IU.

Re: conversion of antithrombin III IU to mg?
by Sergi on 09/15/05 at 03:12:01

Thanks a lot for your response.

Just to say that the 2nd International Standard for Antithrombin, concentrate 96/520 (WHO, NIBSC) is labelled with IU.

I want to use this standard for an In Vitro Diagnostics product and as you mention, all this IVD products for antithrombin are using mg/dl (density).

Go Back | Archive Index

Did you find us useful?

Please consider supporting the site with a small donation.

click here for more information

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Check out our Conversion Software for Windows.

Can't find something?
Try searching.

Are you bored?
Try the Fun Stuff.

Was this site helpful?
Link to Us | Donate