Home

Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

HP to torque

HP to torque
by 1110d on 10/26/05 at 09:27:10

OK, I have a machine that requires 5,304 in/lbs of torque @ 600rpm to operate it.  I have a motor that makes 13hp @ 750rpm.  Does the engine have enough power to operate the machine?

Re: HP to torque
by Robert Fogt on 10/27/05 at 08:15:33

I do not believe it is possible to convert between horsepower and torque, though I am not positive. It depends on too many different factors and would be different for each engine.

I think you have to take the engine to a shop and have them measure the torque on a scope. Or contact the manufacturer who may have the data posted.

Re: HP to torque
by 1110d on 10/28/05 at 09:47:18

[quote author=Robert Fogt link=board=general;num=1130333230;start=0#1 date=10/27/05 at 08:15:33]I do not believe it is possible to convert between horsepower and torque, though I am not positive. It depends on too many different factors and would be different for each engine.

I think you have to take the engine to a shop and have them measure the torque on a scope. Or contact the manufacturer who may have the data posted.[/quote]

Actually, I was able to find the conversion figures on-line.  You are able to conver HP to torque and vice-versa as the two are a function of each other.

Go Back | Archive Index

Did you find us useful?

Please consider supporting the site with a small donation.

click here for more information

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Check out our Conversion Software for Windows.

Can't find something?
Try searching.

Are you bored?
Try the Fun Stuff.

Was this site helpful?
Link to Us | Donate