Home

Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

How can I measure battery life with multimeter.

How can I measure battery life with multimeter.
by jpieczonka on 11/13/05 at 22:16:01

Question:  Is there a way to measure battery life with a multimeter.  The battery in question is for an OneAC 400 UPS.  I am a service contractor for a private company and normally, for preventive maintenance I am suppose to disconnect the battery to see how long the UPS will stay up for.  I service C-Stores so when the battery dies then so does the register attached to the UPS.  I need a better way to measure the life of the batteries!  Thanks.

Re: How can I measure battery life with multimeter
by Robert Fogt on 11/14/05 at 04:14:27

I do not know about UPS batteries, but with automotive batteries you can easily check how charged they are. So I am sure it is possible with a UPS battery, just not sure of the steps you would need to take.

My RV has a battery charge indicator, it goes by voltage. If the battery is fully charged the voltage will be slightly higher (I think 13.4 volts for a fully charged battery), while if the voltage drops below 12 the battery is empty.  The voltage is read and displays it on a gauge from empty to full.

Also, most expensive automotive battery chargers have tests to see how well a battery holds a charge, to see if the battery is about to go bad.  You would need something like that designed especially for UPS batteries.

Go Back | Archive Index

Did you find us useful?

Please consider supporting the site with a small donation.

click here for more information

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Check out our Conversion Software for Windows.

Can't find something?
Try searching.

Are you bored?
Try the Fun Stuff.

Was this site helpful?
Link to Us | Donate