Welcome to OnlineConversion.com

How can I measure battery life with multimeter.

How can I measure battery life with multimeter.
by jpieczonka on 11/13/05 at 22:16:01

Question:  Is there a way to measure battery life with a multimeter.  The battery in question is for an OneAC 400 UPS.  I am a service contractor for a private company and normally, for preventive maintenance I am suppose to disconnect the battery to see how long the UPS will stay up for.  I service C-Stores so when the battery dies then so does the register attached to the UPS.  I need a better way to measure the life of the batteries!  Thanks.

Re: How can I measure battery life with multimeter
by Robert Fogt on 11/14/05 at 04:14:27

I do not know about UPS batteries, but with automotive batteries you can easily check how charged they are. So I am sure it is possible with a UPS battery, just not sure of the steps you would need to take.

My RV has a battery charge indicator, it goes by voltage. If the battery is fully charged the voltage will be slightly higher (I think 13.4 volts for a fully charged battery), while if the voltage drops below 12 the battery is empty.  The voltage is read and displays it on a gauge from empty to full.

Also, most expensive automotive battery chargers have tests to see how well a battery holds a charge, to see if the battery is about to go bad.  You would need something like that designed especially for UPS batteries.

Go Back | Archive Index

BookMark Us

It may come in handy.

Are you bored?

Try the Fun Stuff

Was this site helpful?

Link to Us | Donate